Top 5 Rooms to Remodel in 2019
With the popularity of the home remodeling shows, home owners across the country are anxious to take out their toolbox and remodel their home too. Most often, remodels are better suited to professionals however, and this can cost significantly more. Regardless of the method, remodeling projects are not inexpensive, so making the best impact for the cost is important. Here are the top 5 rooms to remodel in 2019.
1. Kitchen – Always a great return on investment. From functional spaces to bona find living areas, add extra seating, lighting and entertaining spaces such as a bar or counter.
2. Backyard Kitchen/Family Room – The backyard is an extension of the interior. Section off areas for an outdoor kitchen and family room. Add a fireplace or even a TV.
3. Master Bedroom – Always a place to retreat and refresh. Master bedrooms are getting makeovers with calm soothing paint colors, large picture windows and balconies or patios.
4. Guest Bathroom – While not often the first thought, a powder room is easy to remodel and gives a great impression. Make the space look larger with a monotone color scheme.
5. Bonus Room/Media Room – Create a unique family space with a media room or bonus room. Extra space which will bring more than its share of cost when selling.
Let's Ask A Professional!
We asked a local Realtor at Keller Williams Signature Partners in Wichita, KS her thoughts.
Q: When showing your client(s) a home(s) what room(s) do they care about the most?
A: With my clients it’s typically the kitchen and bathroom(s) that they like to look at first.
Q: If your client(s) don’t like a kitchen, how likely are they to put an offer on the home?
A: I find that if a client doesn’t like the kitchen, there is a 5-10% chance of putting an offer on the home.
Q: Since bathroom(s) are the second room(s) looked at. If a client of yours likes the kitchen, but hates the bathroom what tends to happen?
A: If the kitchen is nice enough and they are willing to live or remodel the bathroom(s), then they’ll likely put an offer in. However, it generally is lower than asking considering the amount that will be needed to remodel the bathroom(s).
How Does Build Hero Help?
Build Hero helps make easier remodel projects happen. How you ask??? Well, Build Hero allows for a homeowner to get a couple of bids easily from different contractors. Build Hero also gives contractors and suppliers the flexibility to create as many options as they like for their customers. Lastly, Build Hero keeps everyone on the same page with the project! Keeping your project moving forward as smoothly as possible.
“Easier Remodel Projects” start with Build Hero!